Week 7!



Hola Familia!

Wow this was a long week for sure... But a good one. First thing is yes I have a new companion and his name is Elder Clavero. He is from Uruguay (actually in Zach´s mission!) He is decent at English. He understands a lot but cant speak a ton. It is such a weird change, because yes I am still being trained but since he doesn't know the area and the people I feel like I am kinda taking the charge.  But we are still working hard and trying to find some new investigators. Now I will start with my usual random stuff that I have written down to tell you guys.

On Monday we had a sleepover(mission style) since I didn't have a comp the Zone leaders (both from Utah) Elder Seagar and Elder Millheim came and slept in my pench. Then we decided to invite 2 other elders so there was 5 of us on 4 mattresses sleeping. It was really fun and a nice change for a night.

I have been listening to the band Nashville Tribute Band a lot, I really like their music and I think it is good for mission too. I really like the song The Hardest Things I Ever Loved to do. It is very good at covering all of the bases as far as missionary work.

We had a lesson with the Juncos family Clavero´s first night here and they told us about how they get sick when they smell smoke now. I was so happy I about jumped out of my seat when they said that!! It was a little hard for them to quit before their baptism but that was great to hear! But Maria and Claudia didn't show up to church for their confirmations so we are going to visit them tonight and we will have to do them next Sunday. But I was able to do Eliana´s confirmation and it was great! I was happy she asked me to do it!

Sometimes I am sitting on a bus or in church or wherever and I think, What the heck?! I am in the middle of Argentina! It is funny because some days it just feels like regular life! Other times I have had the thought, Wow I am the only person in this entire building that is thinking in English. Weird to think but it is true!

I was looking through Elder Seagar´s pictures and he was in the same MTC District as Ty Foster. I guess Ty gets home really soon! 

We got a new phone and it is awesome!!! We can send and receive texts now which is super nice to have. You really take texting for granted when you have it but it is super nice to be able to text our investigators and members.

Silvia is still doing amazing!! She is in 2 Nephi and she loves the church and the Book of Mormon. Elder Welsh is going to come back this Sunday to baptize her. She asked me to do it, but then I thought that I should bring up the idea of Welsh coming back and she was happy with that idea! It will be good to see him too, and I have to give his towel back to him that I have been using for the last 7 weeks. (I forgot mine in the mission home)

Elder Clavero and I are having more fun the last couple of days, It is really hard not being able to talk to him as much as I want to. But we try. I have been helping him learn English too which i think is helping my Spanish! My Spanish is going to improve so much. Because I am literally speaking it all day until we get home. When we get home we talk in English to help him practice. Everyday we start our companionship study with a hymn. It is super fun because we are both bad at singing and so we both just belt it!

I found a Book of Mormon student manual in English and I LOVE IT!! It makes it so fun to study because it opens my eyes to things that i would have never seen! Even though it is from 1996. I learned that Nephi saw Chris Columbus discovering the new land in 1 Nephi 13:12. I was going to see if you guys could find me a D&C and a Bible one? I would like to be able to go through all of them by the time I get home. 

I have been reading the book called Our Heritage. It is great and talks about the early saints. Then last night I watched 17 Miracles and I just have so much love for those people. I think we should make it a family trip to go on a church tour in the spring of 2020. Because it is 200 years after Joseph Smith´s vision!

I love you all so much and I hope that you have a good week!!! I loved seeing the pictures of the house and COLEYS  NEW ROOM! I bet she loves that. It looked like the race was a lot of fun too! 

♥Elder Sisk

P.S.  I bought a new watch! It was 90 pesos which is like 18 dollars!