Getting cold in Rosario! April 14, 2014



Hola Familia!
Like I said in the title, the cold came in this weekend. We had the heater going and I had to bust out my hoodie but its way better than the summer :)
So I will start by answering questions, sorry i am trying to get better at that!
Mom, the picture (See below): His name is J, he is the son of D.´s sister L. He is a stud and loves hanging out with us......

I wanted to say sorry for not really saying anything about your big 24th anny last week! I meant to send you guys a separate email and I totally forgot... :( I'm the worst I know :P but I was thinking... 24 years... that makes me feel like you guys are getting really old! hahahah not really, but kinda! :) Love you guys
On Monday this week I lived through the biggest storm of my life. I have a few videos so you will have to see them when I get home but it was unreal!! The rain was so strong and the wind stronger! We had water flooding in the window in our kitchen but we rigged up some cardboard and styrofoam and it didn't flood our house so that was good. But you will see in the picture, the wind knocked down tons of trees, including a huge one a couple of blocks from our house haha.

​​We had a good zone meeting this week and we did a Special Pday as well, that is when we all clean our houses to be able to get together on pday to have a big group activity. We played soccer and bought pizza and watched Despicable Me 2, it was a great movie!! It was weird to be able to watch a real movie!

​​I don't remember if I talked about C. last week, she is a lady we found and have taught a few times, she is really nice and has 2 kids. She accepted a date for the 10th of May, we are going to keep visiting her because she has had a really rough past and we really want to help her make it to that date! But super funny story, they have a parrot. I was holding it and her daughter says, one time it pooped on me. I think it heard her say that because the words had barely left her mouth ​​when...... you guessed it! it pooped on me... hahahah we all laughed really hard. I will not be holding that guy again.
We met an awesome girl this week named C! She was a reference from a lady in another ward. C is living with her parents for about a month right now because she broke her foot and has stairs in her house. The thing is, she doesn't live in our area, but we are going to teach her while she is at her parents house and then we will ship her off to get baptized in the other stake :) she is great and we were able to give her a blessing, we have a lot of hope for her.
On Thursday we went over to D and R's to have an asado with Elder Guevara before he finishes his mission next week. It was really fun and really tasty :) I finally understand why Pablo Frixione´s steak tasted a little different, asado! haha
There is a lady in our ward who helps us out a ton! Hermana N, well she had a dog who fell off the roof and died this week and it made me think about Max alot haha how is he doing?? You should send me a video or pictures of him haha. I know I'm wierd but i miss my little homie!
Mom, will you check, or maybe you already know. Do they sell Malta there?? Its kinda life coffee but its soooooo good and not against any commandments :)
So like i said last week, I want to try sharing my studies a little bit each week. This week I have been reading a ton! I read a lot in The Miracle of Forgiveness by Pres Kimball, I love that book! It talks about the members of the church who are not breaking any commandments and are living a good life but they also are doing nothing to earn their own salvation, I realized, that was me before my mission! Its interesting to think about all the that Lord wants of us to be happy. I really like 2 Nephi 1:13 and Revelations 3:21. There is always things we need to do better or start doing!

 I have had my eyes opened a lot to the important things this week! I love you guys, stay strong with your prayers and scriptures! Have a good week!
Elder Sisk

This pic was sent to us from someone in Alex's area.  It is one of my favorite photos from his mission!  So sweet.
-Playing soccer in the rain.
-our contraption to stop the flood
-The tree that fell
-Asado!
-Our ester eggs from the YW in the ward
-Dinner with the Martinez family and their new puppie hah
-Hermana Eva working on my other toe, she told me, ¨Elder all of these toe problems means you have a lot of time in the mission¨ haha she is the best!!