Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!



Hola Familia!

So it has been a good/busy holiday season for my comp and I but I really enjoyed it. I still don't really feel like its all real since its really hot here and stuff but I just have to keep looking at my watch to remember the date haha

So this week was really good, we were very blessed and had a lot of success. Its interesting how when it feels like we don't have any time to work because of our Zone Leader stuff we are super blessed and able to get a lot done in the time that we do have.

This week I had a little bit of a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. We were walking down the street on the 26th and I see a guy riding towards us on a motorcycle, as he gets closer I realized he looks familiar. I didn't actually realize who it was until he had stopped. It was J.!!! The Colombian guy from my first area. He and his family are doing great and still active in the church and everything. He told me that he had the Missionaries over for Christmas and that they made Colombian food together. It was so cool to see him, when I saw him i was so excited I just gave him a big hug right in the middle of the street haha.

So we have been working a lot with the M. family. They have a 9 year old daughter named V. who has not been baptized. We are working with them to get them back active and get her baptized. The is the cutest little girl, we went over to their house this week and it was really hot, they had just put a few drinks in the fridge but they were not cold yet. Then before anyone knew where she had gone, she comes walking in with a big bottle of sprite that she had gone and bought with her own money for us. It was the nicest thing ever. I am so lucky to be able to help this family.

This last week was...... HOT. You really have no idea how much I sweat in the humidity! If we spend a long time outside i am just soaked... its weird because I didn't sweat much at home, but i think its because I'm not used to it yet. I heard it got up to 90% humidity one day! I will never live in a humid place hah

On Friday we were able to go sing in this concert that a girl in our stake did, she is an opera singer and she invited a lot of non members so she wanted the missionaries to sing and kinda have a little exposure. It went really well, I'm still terrible at singing but my shyness to sing is slowly going away on the mission... 

So I found out this week that not too long ago one of the 12 apostles came to Rosario and chose a place where the future temple will be. I was so excited to hear that because it shows the growth of the church in this part of the world! The location is actually in my zone right now, but i don't know exactly where it is.

This week we have been preparing an apartment for 2 hermanas who just barely got to our zone. We have had to buy everything for them and we are almost done. It will be nice to finally get all of that out of the way. and have more time to work.

We had another miracle this week, We found a lady named R. and we were able to give her a blessing on Saturday. We invited her and her friend to church and then we show up on Sunday and R. is there, but with a different lady that we had never seen before! haha Her name is M. and she is from Peru. We already taught M., R., and M's son A. 2 times and they accepted a baptism date for the 24th of Jan!!! I am super confident that R. and M. will be ready but we are still trying to gain some trust with A. We gave M. a blessing too because her husband left her about a year ago and it is still really hard for them. She was crying at the end and told me that she felt something pushing inside of her chest. Super cool experience!

We are still doing great here!! I hope you all are too!! Love you all!!

Elder Sisk

He liked his stocking!
I liked mine too!
German (birthday dinner)
I miss PB and Nutella!
Christmas dinner
Sleeping on the roof
Christmas morning pancakes
Making pizzas
After the concert
its really hot... fans are a must have
cooking up some asado!
Last night's dinner....after ;)