Great week!! Congrats to Tiff, Alex, and Baby Tage! Congrats to Dawn as well! - July 28, 2014


Eating Panchos (Hot Dogs) with Elder A

Hola Familia!

So I loved all of the pictures of Tage and the Wedding! I'm glad that Tage is doing well! 7 weeks early is way early to be born but keep me updated! I am really happy for Dawn, we have had some big additions to the family and we will have more here in a few weeks. Maybe all of the excitement will blow over by December for me to get home and be the star??? hahah jokes jokes! I'm really happy for all of you and excited to meet my new cousins/uncle/aunts&uncles/grandma!!

This week went by really fast. We are trying to work hard and visit more people each week. This week Pres Zanni told us that we no longer will be counting contacts that we do in the street or at houses. He wants us teaching and doesn't want us losing time just knocking doors to knock doors. He is really set on teaching a lot to be able to baptize a lot. I really like him a lot, he has made me really want to be more converted myself to be able to help others. I have been thinking about my own conversion a lot this week because they say that a missionary can only convert someone to his own conversion level.

Last pday we played soccer with these kids that just showed up to play soccer at the church since we are allowed to do that now. It was really fun but being the really foot-eye coordinated person like I am ;) i took a fall and kinda cut my hand. It hurt for a few days but now its all the way better. But we had a lot of fun playing against other people for once. We won :)

On Wednesday (I think) we went to this lady named S who I had contacted with Elder P but we never thought too much of her. She was the 5th on our list and it was pouring rain. My companion asked me "what do we usually do when it rains like this?" i said "be diligent and just keep working and get soaking wet, or go home. I have done both in the past" we decided to be diligent and it is good we did! We found the G family (S, A, N, M, S, and J) they are great, we are going to keep working with them. 3 don't live in our area but we gave them a baptismal date for the 23rd of August before sending the referral to the other missionaries :)

We have been working a lot with 2 families. The G family and the P family. Both awesome families! They are both incomplete families meaning they have non members in the family. But they are awesome, the G family is paying off a debt to be able to get married and C would be able to get baptized. She is not a member but has been "ACTIVE" for three years haha.

Well I'm sorry I don't have a ton to say this week, I'm really happy and Elder A and I get along really well! i need to get better at speaking to him in Spanish so that he can practice more but we are gearing up for a big week! I really have been trying to shift up a gear and work hard! I love you all and I invite each of you to do the same, gear up in each part of your life and ACTIVELY EARN your salvation. We do this by Reading, Praying, Magnifying our callings, Going to Church, Doing visits, and going to the temple weekly. I like what Captain Moroni says in Alma 60:21
" 21 Or do ye suppose that the Lord will still deliver us, while we sit upon our thrones and do not make use of the means which the Lord has provided for us?"

I love you all!! 

Elder Sisk

Eating Ice Cream with Elder M
Roma Ice Cream sooooo good
My little fall playing soccer, how graceful ;) its 99%better
My poor shoe. Mom, don't worry. Its fixed and functioning. (currently on my foot :))
a kinda cool view in my area