World Cup getting real!!! haha - June 23, 2014



Hola mi Familia y seres queridos,

We had a really good week this week, we are starting to get the ball rolling here in our branch. We have been able to find some great people to teach and we are starting to get an investigator pool going. I'm really happy to see the beginning of the growth, I think there is a lot of potential here and a ton of room for growth.

This week on Tuesday we had to travel to a city called Parana, we had a training meeting for all the leaders and the trainers in the mission. The problem was that we had about 5 hours in a bus to get there. We were going to leave here at like 3:30am but the bus was full (who travels at that time???) haha so we had to go at 9:45pm. That seems better when you look at it, but NO! We got to Parana around 2:00am...... I literally did not sleep that night. i was running on maaaaybe and hour of sleep between the bus ride and the 20 min i got sitting in a chair. Haha but it was funny because none of us slept so we were just super tired together.

So I got the new camera last week, I have not missed a day of taking pictures this week! I really like the new camera. It was a little expensive but its worth it and I did a lot of searching to find a good price, the problem is that those types of things are expensive here.

We met a lady named A. this week, we actually contacted her house last week in the pouring rain and she told us we could go back. We talked to her about the Plan of Salvation. Her husband died about a year ago. The problem is she is planning to get baptized in the Evangelical church next year... I finally just looked her in the eyes and told her to ask God if her church or our church is the true one and that she should follow her answer to get baptized in the true church. She said she would, she talks a TON though so it was hard to keep control of the lesson. But we will go back this week.

So like I said above, the world cup its getting crazy. We were all getting text updates for the USA game last night... cant believe it!!! haha I am learning to get into soccer because I feel so far away from the NBA and stuff... haha but its really fun. Literally every house is watching the games ALL DAY LONG. 

Yesterday I was asked to give a talk in church. I decided I have a good problem I don't know how to cut a talk short. I talked and accidentally took up all of the time haha I didn't realize the the clock on the wall kinda just doesn't work. I left the other missionary like 5 minutes. But I talked a lot about covenants and what it means to make and keep them. I learned a lot, the branch pres called me on Saturday afternoon to tell me about the talk. He told me that the branch was really lacking doctrine and wanted me to talk about doctrine. It was interesting but I think the talk went really well! :)

I love you guys so much, I feel so much personal growth in my time on the mission. and a ton of family growth while I'm not there, spiritually as well as in numbers. I'm really happy for grandpa and Dawn, i fully support them in everything! i love you guys!!

Elder Sisk